The custom fields make it possible to add additional information related to the work orders. These fields are then entered by the scheduler when adding a new task. 👨💻
The fields are visible on the roadmap of the field worker (available on the mobile application). It can be additional information needed to enable the field worker to complete the service operation. For example, the order number, the number of operations already completed for this customer, the date of the order, etc.
Step 1: Add new custom fields
- Go to the “Settings” module.
- Click on the tab “Custom fields”.
- Click on “Work order”.
- Click on the button “Create a field”.
- Determine the “Name” of the custom field.
- Sort the field into a “Category”.
- Determine the “Field type” among the options:
- Integer number;
- Check box;
- Click on the “Save” button.
Step 2: Enter the custom fields when scheduling work orders
Once the custom fields have been created in the settings, you can fill them in for each new task that you schedule.
1. In the work order scheduling form
Once the custom fields linked to the work order have been defined, they can be entered when manually scheduling a task.
2. In the import file
It is also possible to fill in custom fields in the work order import file. Just add a column to the Excel or CSV file with a header that corresponds to the name of the custom field entered when creating it.
How to delete a custom field?
- Identify the field to delete from the table and click on “…” and “Delete”.
- Click on the “Confirm” button.