The custom fields enable to add additional information related to the field service operations. These fields are then entered by the field worker when validating the task from the mobile application. 📱
The information entered is sent in real time to the AntsRoute interface, enabling schedulers or site managers to access this data. For example, the number of samples collected, the number of damaged packages.
- Step 1: Add new custom fields
- Step 2: Fill in the fields when validating the task from the mobile app
- How to delete a custom field?
Step 1: Add new custom fields
💡 In order to add custom fields, you must create at least one category beforehand by clicking on the button “Create a category”. The categories make it possible to classify the different custom fields. For example, “Samples collected”. To learn more, read this article.
- Go to the “Settings” module.
- Click on the tab “Custom fields”.
- Click on “Validation of a delivery”.
- Click on the button “Create a field”.
- Determine the “Name” for this custom field.
- Sort the field into a “Category”.
- Determine the “Field type” among the following options:
- Integer number,
- Check box,
- Click on the “Save” button.
☝️ Good to know: By default, custom fields are optional. If necessary, you can force your drivers or planners to fill them in by checking the “Mandatory” box when adding the field.
☝️ Good to know: You have the possibility to determine the order in which the fields are displayed by dragging and dropping them into the table. The order you define will be respected when the fields are displayed in the validation page on the mobile application, but also in the “Monitor” module.
Step 2: Fill in the fields when validating the task from the mobile app
When validating the tasks from the mobile application, the field worker can fill in the custom fields by following these steps:
- Touch the task from the list to display the details.
- Touch the “Complete” button.
- Fill in the custom fields.
- Touch the “Next step” button.
☝️ Good to know: Once the field worker confirms the completion of the task, the scheduler can view in the “Monitor” module of the AntsRoute interface the data entered.
How to delete a custom field?
- From the table, click on “…” and “Delete”.
- Click on the “Confirm” button.
☝️ Good to know: It is possible to modify an existing field by clicking on “…” and “Edit”. However, the “Field Type” cannot be changed.