The custom fields make it possible to add additional information related to the field service operations. These fields are then entered by the scheduler when adding a new task. The fields are visible on the roadmap of the field worker (available on the mobile application). It can be additional information needed to enable the field worker to complete the service operation. For example, the order number, the number of operations already completed for this customer, the date of the order, etc.
Add new custom fields
- Go to the 'Settings' module.
- Click on the tab 'Custom fields'.
- Click on 'Field service' (or delivery/visit/pickup).
- Click on the button 'Create a field'.
- Determine the 'Name' of the custom field.
- Sort the field into a 'Category'.
- For 'Input', select 'When scheduling field service'.
- Determine the 'Field type' among the following options: Text, date, integer number, check box or list.
- Click on the button 'Save'.
Delete a custom field
- Identify the field to delete from the table and click on '…' and 'Delete'.
- Click on the button 'Confirm'.
Enter the custom fields when scheduling field service operations
Once the custom fields have been created in the settings, you can fill them in for each new task that you schedule.
In the field service operation scheduling form
Once the custom fields linked to the field service operation have been defined, they can be entered when scheduling a task from 'Schedule' > 'Schedule field services'.
In the field service import file
It is also possible to fill in custom fields in the field service import file. Just add a column to the Excel or CSV file with a header that corresponds to the name of the custom field entered when creating it.